Faith Lutheran Church was begun in 1950 by a group of 199 people, all of whom were released from Trinity Lutheran Church, Jefferson City, to establish this new congregation on what was known at that time as the west side of town. The congregation was self-supporting from the beginning. The first house of worship was the remodeled Wren Fan Factory on the corner of Dix and Industrial, the site of the present UMB bank.
A parochial school for grades 1-8 was begun in 1954. In 1971 the congregation decided to send their children to Trinity Lutheran School and close its parochial school. The present sanctuary was completed in 1962, but was planned for from the very beginning of the congregationís history.
In 1976 an education wing and gymnasium were added to the existing structure. Faith congregation has been blessed through the years with God-fearing members, numbering approximately 900 at the present, and with faithful pastors as well as other full-time and part-time staff members. You are invited to become a part of Godís saving activity accomplished here at Faith!